From the announcement:
One generation’s classics look quite different from another’s. So how do you define them?
The Carcanet Classics range from books from two millennia BC to those of our own century, from Sumeria to Paterson, New Jersey, from ancient Greece to Anglo-Saxondom. The range includes new takes on ancient texts (two Gilgameshes for example), new readings of the Latin classics and young poets advocating the work of their mentors.
Readers at this event include:
– Carcanet’s Founder and Editorial Director, Michael Schmidt
– John Clegg (Selected Poems by John Heath-Stubbs, Sept 2018)
– Jane Draycott (Pearl (trans.), Sept 2018)
– Philip Terry (Dictator (a Gilgamesh translation), Oct 2018)
– Robyn Marsack (Selected Poems by Edmund Blunden, Dec 2018)at the Knowledge Centre, The British Library, 96 Euston Road, London NW1 2DB